Well now, it's the last day of school and finals are finally over. You'd think that everything would be right with my world. After all, I can go home now. But you see, the key word is "can" in that sentence, the word that is perhaps not quite as true now as it was several hours ago. Well, just as true, but less feasible.
Let's start back at the beginning, shall we? I was heading home from the awesome year-end party hosted by the Leitharts, traveling down the road that leads out of town to the north. Main Street, I believe some call it. So there I was, not a care in the world, music turned up loud, and life looking pretty darned good. And then, my engine cut out. One moment I was traveling along under my own power, the next I had only the force of gravity to propel me. Fortunately, I had not left town yet. So I coasted my way to the nearest gas station (Cenex! W00t!) and tried to ascertain the source of the problem. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about car engines, and I lack a cell phone (Yeah, I know. I'm getting to it. Quite a bit quicker now that this happened.) So, I called AAA to get a tow truck while Tyler came into town to pick me up. While I was waiting, something like three random people came up to help me. What I love about the world in general is how people will see a forlorn college student peering helplessly at the insides of their car and stop to help. It's awesome. But anyway, it looks like I'm some spark plugs short of starting, and so I am grounded in the Moscow/Viola area until further notice.
So yeah, there go all my plans for the next few days. But God is good, and life is still awesome, even when everything doesn't go according to my plans.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your car. Good to hear it appears to be just some spark plugs. Hope you can get it fixed quickly and are able to get back soon.
Have a great summer!
Post a Comment