Thursday, March 4, 2010

Eleven Haiku in Twenty Minutes

I look at a tree
It is falling from the sky
landing on my head.

Squid follow my gaze
Underwater they swim free
I am a shellfish

The sky is graying
Clouds have lost their shapeless form
Eaten by the rain.

Green is a color
Painting my windows at day
Boom. Exploding plants.

I watch as the shards
Whiz slowly past my eyeballs
Time slows to a halt.

My garden is gone
Something ate my tomatoes
I suspect rabbits.

Gray shapes gain color
The sun comes out at long last
The world is happy.

Have you seen my health?
I lost it to a disease.
It has my bowels.

I fell down some stairs
It felt like a hurricane
Beating my ribcage.

I fell from the sky
Landing like an elephant
Now there’s a big hole.

I put my foot down
Something went “squish” on my shoe.
It’s now a flat frog.

No comments: