In the spirit of the New Year (albeit a little bit late) I'd like to post a couple of colloquialisms that I'd like to see popping up in 2009:
"put the lime in the coconut": While the phrase isn't my own, I think the usage might be. To "put the lime in the coconut" is to mess up, or do something badly, or make a mistake. Ex. "Man, you really put the lime in the coconut on that one."
"go fluffy": This usually happens after someone has put the lime in the coconut. Means things are going badly. ex. "It was intense, man. Everything was going fine until he put the lime in the coconut, and then BAM! everything went fluffy."
3 comments:
AHAHAHAA!!!! *evil cackle* SUCCESS!!
What I originally attempted to say was, putting the lime in the coconut sounds to me like an expression for completing something or doing something well... for instance, "How do you think the test went?" "Oh dude, it was great! I totally put the lime in the coconut. You?"
We could use it in both cases! Good *and* bad. Although, that could get interesting after a while. It'd be pretty beige, though. :)
LOL!! Pete, that's hilarious. I am definitely going to start using the "lime in the coconut" expression!
Post a Comment