Monday, February 16, 2009

Things I have done to avoid homework

While I was sitting here at my computer, trying desperately to come up with a confirmatio for my rhetoric paper, it occurred to me that I become most productive when deadlines are looming. Well, most productive at what I'm actually supposed to be doing, anyway. When the deadlines aren't looming, and I have time that I should be using for doing useful, productive, schoolwork things, well that's when I become most productive doing other things. So, I thought I'd make a list of some of the things I have done to avoid doing my homework. You know. Just for irony's sake.
  • Washed dishes. This doesn't get done otherwise...
  • Read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. For the 10th time.
  • Facebook. 'nuff said.
  • Founded this Blog of Doom.
  • Posted on this Blog.
  • Done my laundry. see "dishes"
  • Made lists
  • Played computer solitaire. I'm up to over 200 games... (only won 28)
  • This post.
  • Written fiction. This also happens during Disputatio and particularly boring declamations. In fact, most of "The Black Door" has been written during Disputatio or declamations. Or while avoiding homework.
  • Other, much easier, homework.
  • Anything but the assignment at hand.
And that's only this term. And the things that I remember.

No comments: